CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Creating again

After a far-too-long absence, I've eased back into playing with fibres again, and it feels wonderful!  I started by knitting some socks and scarves and enrolled this fall in a fantastic Abstract Expressionist class at Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph with Dwayne Wanner.  I'm feeling great about the quilt I'm working on (sneak peek here).

Even more inspiring was two classes I taught at Quilters Dream in Burlington.  One was a Crazy Quilting class and the other was a fun Fabulous Fabric Christmas Cards workshop.  I'm so incredibly impressed by the creativity of the participants of both classes.  I gave the same instructions to everyone and yet, the results were so different, and all so lovely!   I am so lucky to have the chance to meet these talented people and to help them get a little bit freer with their skills.  I'll definitely be doing more teaching in the New Year - I have a call scheduled with Holly at Quilters Dream tomorrow to set up classes.  I hope they want me to teach Crazy Quilting again because it's one I enjoy for the incredible works the participants create.

I'll be updating my list of blogs I love and today added Quilton's Doings.  She's one of my favourite Oakville Quilters' Guild members.  She also scares me a bit, so I'd better get that darned quilt done for the show in May!

It's nice to be back.  Thank you so much for reading.

1 comment:

quilton said...

Yes, you better. I'll be watching to make sure you get it done. LOL