CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Aloo Gobi & Paying it Forward

I'm starting my day with some cooking - there's a snowstorm going on that's dotting our windows with snow and ice, so something warm is in order. Aloo Gobi sounds just right. It means potato cauliflower. Pretty simple sounding, incredibly simple to make, yet amazing taste! Many thanks to Nupur of One Hot Stove, whose recipe I'm using. The perfect dish, if you can believe it, for a Canadian snowstorm! Not heavy like a chili or stew, but wondeful, warm spices to combat the snow, and the colour! Beautiful in a bowl over basmati rice, which is steaming now.


Twice today I've read of a Pay it Forward blog challenge, and it sounds like such a lovely idea, I've decided to join in. The thing about my joining, is that it's highly unlikely that I'll have anyone to send to!

Linda Teddlie Minton's great blog, Fiber Reflections, had the following posted: To the first 3 people who leave a Comment of their intent to “pay it forward” in my Comment section and also a promise on their own blogs, I will send a handmade item of my choosing within the next 365 days.

Here are the rules lifted borrowed from Linda, who borrowed from Carla:

Pay it forward rules: I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a Comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange, and who make the same pledge on their own blogs . I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward.

6 comments:

morningDove said...

Hey Veronica: i'll do pay it forward with you but my blog is new too. But I will play to pay. I like your fabric posted on FAT. are they going to be postcards?

Maggie R said...

Hi Veronica,
I will play the PIF(again) I love the idea and I have already done it twice. Woo Hoo!!!
It really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling taking part in this.
sooooooo, I will post it on my Blog again.
Thanks for stopping by and linking me.I will do same.BTW Know any good books on Machine embellishing?? I have just begun that.
I see you belong to Fibre Art Traders. Me too. I joined a few years ago when they just did postcards. Did you do the dotee doll trade?.. Cute weren't they!
I see you do crazy quilting. I took a class from Carol McLean(Woodstock) last Oct. Just love it.I love to hand applique and hand quilt and am secretary for our Oxford Quilters Guild here in Ingersoll. Hey girl we have a lot in common. I am new to blogging too and now it has nearly taken over my life!! between that and my Etsy shop and playing it's hard to get any real work done.VBG
Keep in touch and thanks for playing PIF
((((hugs))))
Maggie
in calm dull no snow Ingersoll

Veronica Martin said...

Hi! thanks for playing!
I'll have to look around for machine embellishing books...do you mean with the embellisher?
I'm trying to remember if the Oxford guild approached me for info on speaking to them...I'll have to check my notes. I'm on Programme for the Oakville Quilters Guild, and we had Carol speak last year.
I haven't done a trade since early fall, as I had two night classes on top of work and didn't want to overcommit. I've signed up for the Poetic challenge, though.
We've got a bit of snow here...off to take a couple of class samples to Quilter's Dream in Waterdown. It's like giving away babies!
V

Cathi said...

Thank you for posting the link to the recipe! What a great resource for some Indian recipes!
Cathi

Gypsy said...

Saw your PIF on Maggie's blog- do you have the last person, yet?
Aryd'ell
always paying it forward-it's more fun that way!

Veronica Martin said...

This is exciting! Gypsy is #3 for this Pay it Forward challenge.
It'll be fun to make up something new for each participant.