CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 3, 2007

New toys

It's been a bit since I posted. I've been playing with new toys in the last couple of weeks.

Here is my "soldering suitcase", as suggested by Sally Jean Alexander. Not much of a suitcase, but it's a start! I took a teeny Altoids tin, covered it with copper adhesive backed tape, and gave it a shot. Not pretty by any means, but I know I can get solder onto a surface. I need to find something larger and smooth so I can get a smooth surface on the top of the tin.
I'm afraid that my photographic skills are as bad as my soldering skills. I tried to make the nice little dots that were shown in Pretty Little Things, but I have lots of opportunity for improvement.
I just finished making my first ATC with beeswax. I have no idea if I did it correctly or not - I printed out a scan of a picture of mom and a friend when they were little, used some Distress Ink in Antique Linen on it around the edges, and glued it down. I brushed beeswax on it. I think if I put the hairdryer on it, the brushmarks will disappear. I'll try and see if it works.
I thought I'd throw in this picture I took about 7:30 this morning. I haven't seen a cardinal all winter, and this guy was just wonderful looking!

No comments: