CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 27, 2006

More updates

I went to the One of a Kind Craft show in Toronto today with a friend and was very inspired. Beautiful work there - an incredible amount of talent in Canada! I wish I'd been buying for me - I could have gone mad. I went as far as a beeswax candle for me. Maybe at the spring show..
Here are some of the artists I loved there: Tracey Martin's Martin House Garden Art, www.martinhouseart.com, Cora Brittan's lovely gilded paintings (I'm a sucker for gilding), www.brittanart.com, Studio Surette, www.studiosurette.com (I have a great piece of theirs from the Burlington Art Gallery), Morin Choiniere (I have a lovely mirror of theirs I bought about 11 years ago at the show)..more to come, but now to bed for work in the morning.








I did the 2002 Told in a Garden Angel for our tree. I did another year's below, but I'm unsure of the year. They're lovely works. I've got a Celtic Christmas pattern on stretchers and barely started.
I think I did the nice gingerbread cookies 3 years ago at Christmas. It was quite an assembly line but I had fun with it. No sign of inspiration so far this year.

No comments: