CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Too long away

I put most artistic pursuits away for most of this year to concentrate on work. I don't blog about work, but it's been a tough and busy year. I'm pursuing a professional designation which has also taken alot of study time. One month to go before I write my exam and my thoughts are turning back to art (anything to avoid studying!).

I've gotten great ideas from ArtBizCoach.com, Alyson B. Stanfield's terrific site and I'm starting now to get back on track. It was fantastic to see my piece, "Eggplant #1" at the Greenwood Gallery earlier this year in the Fusion group show, and I like the feeling so much I'll try to see if I can't do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veronica, I spent a number of years pursuing a Masters of Library Science while I worked part time. Very little art work got done. I discovered then that doing art is necessary for my well being.

Oh, and of course you can do it again! Art is not just something you do, it's something you are. You have grown richer as a person, with your discipline, dedication and learning; your art will reflect that.

Veronica Martin said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Carol. I appreciate your confidence in my growth!
V